This online education program and available training and resource manual was developed by Zanda Hilger, M. Ed., LPC. www.zanda.info. Linda Fulmer, Fulmer and Associates, a project management and consulting firm, provided valuable technical and content expertise.
Funding was provided by the Texas Department on Aging through grants from the Area Agency on Aging of North Central Texas and the Area Agency on Aging of Tarrant County for the National Family Caregiver Support Program. This program includes material from the training program, As People Grow Older, another grant funded training program by Jane Oderberg and Sue Smith in 1995 and 2002 revising an original training program developed by the University of Michigan.
Permission is granted to copy and adapt these materials as needed. Please reference sources used.
Direct questions or comments to Zanda Hilger, Z-Quest Training and Consulting Partners, (817) 581-5890, or Email: Zanda@flash.net
1. Systems Development for Family Caregiver Support Services, Lynn Friss Feinberg, MSW, US Administration on Aging Caregiver List Serv, 2001.
2. As People Grow Older, Jane Oderberg, LMSW and Sue Smith, LMSW, 1995.
3. Caring to Help Others, Eisai, 2000.
4. Because We Care: A Guide for People Who Care, Administration on Aging, 2001.
5. People First: Aging and Disabilities training program, Zanda Hilger for North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging, 2000.
6. Access and Referral to Health and Human Services training program, Zanda Hilger for North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging, 2001.
7. The Comfort of Home, Maria M. Meyer with Paula Derr, RN, BSN, CEN, CCRN, CareTrust Publications, 1998 ~ (English, and Spanish).
8. Internet research materials. Linda Fulmer. M.S, 2001.
9. Medicare+Choice training program, Jan Henning, Area Agency on Aging of North Central Texas, 2001.
10. The Educated Caregiver and The Family Guide to Long-term Care videotape series, Lifeview Resources, Inc 1998-2002.
11. “When a Friend Has a Chronic Illness” brochure distributed by Rest Ministries, Inc. Copyright 2001, Rest Ministries, Inc.
12. Jim Davis, The Job-Loss Survival Guide.
20. Adapted from http://www.cancerlynx.com/dying.html < written by Lee Law.
28. Mary Roche, MSN, RN, CS, http://www.stacyhouse.com
29. Fundamentals of Nursing: Standards & Practices, 2E
Chapter 21 Loss and Grief, Thompson Learning.
30. George Ann Daniels, MS, RN
31. Roles and Relationships FHP: Loss and Grieving, Pamela Fowler, MS, RN-C, Assistant Professor, Rogers State University
Fibromyalgia Sources Cited
(Chronic Illness, Medication Management and Communicating with Health Care Providers, Part 2 of 2 ~ Module 3 Fibromyalgia).